Interested in AWS? Want to work on something that touches every other AWS service, and is relevant to almost every AWS customer? If you’re excited by massive scope, cloud computing, significant customer impact, big data (really Big Data!), and building scalable systems that process massive amounts of data, we want to talk to you! We are looking for a strong software engineer to join the AWS CloudTrail team.
We are looking for a fullstack engineer who wants to grow and has experience building scalable products while managing them end-to-end. You will have a passion for building large-scale, high-performance, distributed systems, and creating products to delight millions of creators and viewers all over the globe.
As a Software Development Engineer with CloudTrail, you will:
· Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience
· Build highly available, secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
· Contribute to planning, architecture design, implementation, testing, and process improvement.
Joining the CloudTrail team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on the latest technologies for managing and manipulating big data like PrestoDB, Hive, and Hadoop.
· Be part of something really big, as you are working on a key pillar of AWS’s extensive service portfolio.
· Learn from the best, as you are working on challenging engineering tasks in a team of very experienced experts that are close to support you.
· Be part of a great team, as we invest a lot to create an inclusive environment that allows you to perform at your best, while maintaining a fun atmosphere.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2 or more years experience engineering full stack web applications
· Experience with the design and development of fault-tolerant, large-scale distributed systems
· Familiarity with technologies for working with large amounts of data like Hadoop, Hive, or Presto
· Professional experience building applications with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and DynamoDB
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us