Location is flexible anywhere in the US.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated business-oriented technologists who possess a unique balance of business knowledge, AI/ML depth and effective interpersonal skills. This role will focus on supporting customers looking to use AI/ML to enhance their business or operational outcomes.
The Principal ML Strategist is a growth role within the Professional Services Intelligence practice. They have the unique ability to put together cutting-edge solutions that bring together data using a combination of deep technical knowledge, sales/business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills. You will evangelize AWS AI/ML with other customers and help drive revenue growth across a broad set of industry-specific use cases. As a trusted customer advocate, the Principal ML Strategist will create best practices around AI/ML team structure, project approaches, and business measurement. The ability to connect AI/ML with business value is critical to the Principal ML Strategist role.
This role is responsible for partnering with Professional Services’ sales team to dive deep into a customer’s business outcomes, to collaboratively propose solutions during sales pursuits, and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal data science (AI/ML) Professional Services engagement.
Thereafter, the Principal AI / ML Strategist remains meaningfully engaged on a part-time basis with that customer, Amazon team, and project/ program to provide oversight resulting in high-value, predictable, and successful delivery. A successful candidate will enjoy diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and proposing long-term solutions using AWS AI/ML and other services.
This is a hybrid role requiring exceptional sales strategy support and delivery skills. The person in this role will come with a unique data science expertise, strong interpersonal skills, experience in selling and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers and their success using AWS to align with the desired business outcomes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Own the approach (business, organizational, technical) and ultimate success around specific AI/ML projects
· Discuss complex industry-specific business concepts with executives, line managers and data scientists
· Engage with various AWS teams, including data & Analytics, IoT, business development, marketing, partners and regional professional services organizations during pre and post sales cycle
· Drive large, complex sales opportunities to closure and through delivery
· Ensure customer success in ideating and launching AI/ML on the AWS platform
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS AI/ML and participate in deep business discussions to ensure solutions are designed to capture business value and drive the intended success metrics
· Conduct workshop sessions to identify AI/ML opportunities with our customers considering or already using AWS
· Capture and operationalize best-practice knowledge for enterprises that wish to drive machine learning more holistically (e.g., deploying a customer center of excellence)
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
· Build deep relationships with senior individuals within customers to enable them to be AI/ML advocates
· Act as a business liaison between customers, services, data scientists and support
· Make meaningful contributions to deep business discussions
· Contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
This is a customer-facing role and you will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience
· 10+ years of industry experience working with external or internal customers in selling and AI/ML programs, projects, or related work
· Experience participating in the sales lifecycle (directly or indirectly)
· Experience in management consulting or related work
· Experience in leading executive briefings and customer workshops focused on AI / ML strategy, use case and roadmap development
· Master’s degree or PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· Publications or presentations in recognized ML journals or conferences
· Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage numerous demands from internal / external stakeholders and Customers
· Ability to collaborate with global/enterprise account sales and delivery teams to drive adoption of AI/ML Solutions into top accounts
· Experience and passion for designing and developing innovative AI/ML solutions that leverage natural language processing, computer vision, statistical learning theory.
· Familiarity with AWS AI services (e.g., Amazon Personalize), ML platforms (Amazon SageMaker), and open-source frameworks (e.g., MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SparkML, scikit-learn) to help our customers build AI/ML models
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge, i.e. presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences; High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical problems and develop strategic, baselined, data modeling processes; ability to accurately identify cause-and-effect relationships
· Experience in data exploration and analytics to discover hidden patterns and insights
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.