Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is searching for a Principal Computer Vision Scientist to help create new automation solutions that improve overall system efficiencies through the use of advanced technologies. The ideal candidate will have deep and broad experience with theoretical approaches and practical implementations of robust perception systems.
The Principal Computer Vision Scientist will be responsible for:
· Designing highly scalable, large enterprise software solutions involving computer vision
· Developing complex perception algorithms integrating across multiple sensing devices
· Delivering new technology platforms with the highest levels of performance, reliability, and usability
· Resolving complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
· Deep diving on key development and architectural decisions
· Maintaining high level of communications
· Representing Amazon Robotics in the broader machine vision industry through publications and scientific presentations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent with a focus on Computer Vision
· Minimum of 15 years experience developing software with Java and/or C++ involving perception for commercial or industrial applications.
· Experience with Deep Learning in application, as well as classical CV techniques
· Experience designing highly scalable and large enterprise software solutions
· Deep knowledge and experience with a wide variety of sensors
· Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
· Provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
· Excellent written (research papers) and oral communication skills
· Able to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
· Experience with automated build and test and/or test driven development
· Solid understanding of and experience with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)