AWS is seeking a Principal Specialist Solutions Architect to lead the technical solution strategy in support of sales/go to market activities of AWS Management, Governance, Developer, and Security Tools. We seek to develop cross-service solutions that can readily be brought to customer engagements. These solutions with solve for customer use cases that could range from ransomware response readiness to continuous compliance. You will also partner with other AWS teams, from AWS Professional Services and SI Partner teams to Service teams, to deeply integrate these solutions into delivery materials, other solutions, or AWS services themselves. Focusing on invent and simplify and customer obsession, key Amazon Leadership Principals for this role, will solve customer cloud adoption, operations and security challenges while expanding the value customers can gain from the full suite of AWS services.
You must possess an expert level breadth of IT operations, developer, security and governance tools and understand patterns of technology adoption across large enterprise customers. You will have customer facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding solution fit, program delivery, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available in the AWS cloud.
• Lead the technical architecture of solutions that span AWS Management, Governance, Developer, and Security Tool
• Assist with the identification of use cases that AWS Tools can solve
• Increase the value delivered by AWS programs and services via integration of AWS Tool based solutions.
• Advocate for improved customer operational and security outcomes
• Show the value of bundled AWS Tools for customers during cloud adoption activities
• Previous experience in infrastructure operations and engineering
• Experience with IT tool design and selection
• Previous customer facing experience in a technical capacity (Consulting, Technical Sales, or Delivery)
• Experience leading technical project execution
• Knowledge of IT Operations Process Design
• Experience developing of a full infrastructure stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Knowledge of common operations and security frameworks
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
• Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Strong written communication skills
• Experience with AWS service offerings
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations