About the job:
You want to make changes that help millions of customers. You don’t want to simply make something 1% better as a part of an enormous team, but rather you want to get your hands dirty with a team of experts and invent compelling experiences. You are a proven leader with deep web leadership, you have an interest in cloud computing technology, and you are able to lead a talented multi-disciplinary team. A successful candidate should have superb leadership, business acumen, technical, and communication skills to be able to work with a wide range of functions, team members, and customers. You are interested in shaping our customer and technical strategy and taking a key leadership role on the AWS Marketing team. You have great problem solving skills, strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering great products and experiences. You keep abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate and develop the best.
· Define the vision, strategy and execution for the AWS website to deliver a great customer experience
· Build and manage a cross functional team that includes product, technology, design, analytics, and operations.
· Set performance and operational goals and KPIs to delivery near-term and long-term results
· Work with multiple teams across AWS to align on strategy and execution, including: product teams, sales, marketing, and customer support
· BA/BS. Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar fields
· 12+ years of relevant experience
· 8+ years’ experience leading multiple teams, including managing people managers and technical team leadership
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· MBA preferred
· Proficiency in cloud computing platforms
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary (e.g. owner mentality)
· Demonstrated skill to use data and metrics to back up hypotheses and anecdote to develop business cases
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding customer needs and delivering an effective and engaging web experience.
· Demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams in a fast-paced environment
· Proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex user problems
· A passion for wanting to help make AWS the most impactful development in technology for years to come