About the job:
Are you looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ebay’s Buyer Growth team is looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to work on key parts of ebay like the home page, my ebay, global header and growth experiences. You’ll be working with a world class team of engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts to create great products that make a difference on one of the world’s most trafficked and loved websites. Our technology stack includes Node.js front end app and Java/Scala based back-end.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; leads with empathy; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability
- Lead a talented full-stack team of backend, and frontend engineers
- Mentor and guide the development of your team members in a tailored empathetic manner suited for each individual
- Build collaborative and inclusive teams
- Own your teams deliverables and ship high quality, maintainable software
- Build and maintain a healthy prioritized backlog in alignment with the team goals
- Collaborate with product managers, business units, analytics to brainstorm and build the next generation of our product and scale it.
- Layout technical vision for the team
- Push the bar to solve complex technical challenges of scale and performance
- Maintain a balance between short term and long term goals while shipping high impact products quickly
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization and across eBay
- Experience leading or managing a small to medium-sized team of developers
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability and resiliency
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity environment
- Great communication skills. Needs to articulate thoughts and proposals clearly
- Experienced working in Agile teams
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes
- Familiarity with eCommerce is a plus
- 10 years of work experience and 3+ years of leading or managing a team