Facebook is looking for a Data Engineering Manager to join the Partnerships Central Systems, Data and Tools team. The Partnerships team at Facebook works with leading content creators, publishers, and businesses in entertainment, sports, news, and many other verticals. This role is a unique opportunity to work with one of the most important datasets in the world to analytics tools and systems that enable field organizations, analysts and clients alike. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match. The ideal candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data engineering teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how data engineering can proactively improve companies.
Data Engineering Manager, Partnerships Central Systems, Data & Tools Responsibilities
- Proactively drive the vision for Data Engineering and BI across multiple business verticals, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Build and lead a high-caliber team of engineers and provide technical guidance and career development.
- Build cross-functional relationships to understand data needs, build key metrics and standardize their usage across the organization.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models, data pipelines, and data products in production.
- Drive data quality across the vertical and related business areas.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- 8+ years of experience in building data pipelines, ETLs, data products and distributed data systems.
- Experience building and managing a team of data/software engineers.
- Project management experience – identifying, scoping, prioritizing, tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Experience in SQL and at least one object-oriented language (Python, Java, etc.)
- Solid understanding of data architecture and concepts.
- Experience in building self service data services.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- Experience applying machine learning methods to large data sets.
- Experience working with large scale complicated datasets, distributing computing engines (Presto, Spark), ETL automation and BI visualization tools.