WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It’s a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
The WhatsApp Integrated Business Marketing team empowers our users to connect with a growing network of businesses for customer support and relevant notifications. In 2021 we are opening up our business API to first and third party developers and are seeking a seasoned developer evangelist to educate and engage early adopters and the broader developer community about the WhatsApp business API platform by telling a compelling story and backing it up with practical examples. You will be responsible for defining our outbound marketing strategy, building the WhatsApp developer experience within the Facebook for developers platform, and keeping these partners actively and happily building for enterprise clients while learning from their experiences.
The ideal candidate brings an entrepreneurial spirit, an eagerness to learn and lead, a strong curiosity, and must be comfortable with ambiguity as the WhatsApp business API evolves, grows and leads the industry in providing businesses with a new way to have meaningful conversations with customers. This person must have experience with developing insight-led marketing programs for a developer audience across paid, owned and earned channels, including, but not exclusive to, digital and social campaigns, large-scale events, partnerships, marketing collateral, case studies, webinars and engaging video content. A background in software development or developer evangelism is preferred, but not required.
This role will report to the Integrated Business Marketing Lead.
Developer Marketing Manager, Business API (WhatsApp) Responsibilities
- Define and execute the marketing strategy to reach and persuade first and third party developers of the benefits integrating the WhatsApp business API can bring to the businesses they support
- Work closely with internal partners on how to grow WhatsApps participation from the developer community as we move toward a more open developer platform
- Design and deliver global business marketing campaigns for developers, identifying relevant audiences, prioritizing the right channels to reach them and developing the right advertising content to persuade them. Channels are likely to include digital media, developer forums, events, trade publications, industry bodies/networks among others
- Be a subject-matter expert on the WhatsApp developer audience, work with the functional teams within Facebook for developers, product marketing, and integrated marketing to share insights and best practices
- Maintain a clear understanding of product features and how they impact developers and the businesses they build for. Partner with product marketing to define relevant messaging, and produce the technical tools and educational materials necessary to create an amazing developer experience as the feature set evolves
- Maintain and update central source of truth for developer documentation and collateral, including narratives and playbooks to help them learn and implement best practices. Integrate WhatsApp business API into internal events and webinars to educate and inspire developers
- Own KPI definition for developers, including tracking initiative ROI and providing analyses to leadership and stakeholders
- Willing to travel/work with international teams, approximately 10% of the time
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of work experience in software development, developer marketing or developer evangelism
- Experience in defining and implementing cross-channel marketing strategy
- Experience developing scaled digital marketing campaigns targeted at technical audiences
- Presentation and communication experience
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Experience building a developer marketing program from the ground up
- Experience in evangelism, education or other public-facing technical roles
- A strong track record of presenting and teaching highly technical topics to varied stakeholders