Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) focuses on connecting people through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of these products require custom silicon. The Facebook Agile Silicon Team (FAST) is driving the state of the art forward with breakthroughs in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
Facebook is looking for a Director of Artificial Intelligence for our consumer silicon team with excellent technical, communication and people management skills.
You will oversee a team of exceptionally talented silicon engineers, AI researchers and software developers architecting and deploying AI accelerators, compilers and design tools. The role requires you to be an expert in one of chip design, AI accelerator design, or software that enables accelerators. You will articulate a vision and a strategy for the team, and build a collaborative relationship with peers working in related domains across the company. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to stakeholders by communicating by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable product value.
Director, Artificial Intelligence Responsibilities
- Lead a team of experts in the development of AI accelerator architectures, silicon IP, model optimization tools, and compilers
- Develop a vision and strategy for delivering AI techniques across our family of consumer products
- Ensure that your strategy supports Facebook’s overall AI strategy, tools and priorities
- Deliver a steady stream of industry leading AI IP aimed at the most impactful use cases
- Recruit top talent
- MS in EE/CS or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in building integrated circuits or IP, delivering software tool chains or architecting novel accelerators in the consumer electronics space
- Track record of translating end product requirements into chip and IP requirements
- People management skills and a demonstrated experience scaling up your team
- PhD in EE/CS or equivalent
- 20+ years of experience in building integrated circuits or IP, delivering software tool chains or architecting novel accelerators in the consumer electronics space
- Experience in deploying custom silicon with novel accelerators into high volume consumer electronic products