In order to further the state-of-the-art in AI/ML, the AI Compiler team, has been developing a comprehensive PyTorch AI Compiler strategy that delivers a highly flexible platform to explore new model architectures, combined with auto-tuned high performance for production environments across a wide range of hardware architectures. We actively engage with the community through publications, open source software, participation in technical conferences and workshops, and collaborations with academia. Facebook AI researchers and engineers work from our offices around the globe. Facebook builds systems that allow more than a billion people all over the world to connect and communicate using whatever devices they have available. Our systems need to be scalable, fast, reliable, and efficient in order to provide a great user experience. The compiler and runtime layer is a crucial system that can affect performance, efficiency and deployment velocity in both training and inference. In order to further the state of the art in AI/ML, the AI Compiler team, has been developing a comprehensive PyTorch AI Compiler strategy that delivers a highly flexible platform to explore new model architectures, combined with auto-tuned high performance for production environments across a wide range of hardware architectures.
Software Engineering Manager, AI Compiler Responsibilities
- Growing a strong team of domain experts focused on a focused mission within AI Compiler and PyTorch.
- Communicate, collaborate effectively and building relationships with clients and peer teams to facilitate cross-functional projects.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Develop vision, strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- Knowledge of language design, compiler optimizers, backend code generators.
- Experience operating in a fast-moving environment where the workloads evolve at a rapid pace.
- Experience managing a team of at least 10 compiler engineers of varied skill levels.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, building, structuring, leading technical organizations, including performance management.
- Experience with compiler architecture, particularly dynamic language compilers or HPC compilers or ML compilers.
- Experience in code generation targeting machine learning accelerators, GPUs and CPUs.
- Knowledge of ML frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet.