- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience leading software engineering teams (mentoring junior engineers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in Unix/Linux.
- Hands-on programming experience in one of the following: Java, C++ or Python.
- 10 years of relevant work experience, including 6 years of industry experience.
- Experience with problem-solving and technical innovation.
- Ability to manage a team of engineers including task planning and design reviews.
- Excellent communication skills.
- People management skills, experience in mentoring and coaching team members.
About the job
Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
As an Engineering Manager, you will work expand and support various security teams in Seattle, Kirkland, New York, and the San Francisco Bay Area. You will help team members to deliver an exceptional product while also developing their own skills and working towards their career goals.
You will work with partners to establish product direction, including defining priorities, working with our program managers to enable rapid progress, coordinating with peer teams, and ensuring that we’re delivering incremental value to our customers.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Lead a team focused on security.
- Join experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, to build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
- Collaborate effectively and navigate through organizational complexity to solve problems and drive cross-functional execution.
- Engage with customers and internal and external partners.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle, including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable services and infrastructure.