- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in engineering, with experience in technical innovation.
- 15 years of experience, with 5 years of experience as a Technical Lead/Architect.
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision/purpose, communicating clearly, and using a collaborative leadership approach.
- Experience in architecting, designing and building large scale distributed systems from scratch.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle process and leading large, complex cross-functional engineering projects.
- Ability to think in a strategic manner to develop innovative platform offerings, with a global mindset and the ability to operate effectively across regional boundaries.
About the job
As a thought partner to the Engineering Director for Search Security and Privacy, you will lead the technical long term strategy for Google Search Security focusing on the decentralization of systems and data protection. As a Principal Engineer, you will understand many disparate inputs and assemble technical recommendations incorporating a myriad of risks. You will drive the implementation and widespread adoption of your solutions.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Understand the landscape of security systems within Google and outside, and ensure the internal security platform for Search is modern.
- Drive innovation that secures Google and the larger ecosystem, and anticipate, adapt, and apply large-scale security initiatives to the company’s long-term plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to set strategic direction from a technical perspective, and become deeply familiar with design projects across the company that support or are adjacent to the vision. Identify the technological and experiential constructs that are required for that strategic direction/vision to be realized.
- Develop a road map that assembles the building blocks over time, including projects currently underway as well as new projects.