- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience coding with a general purpose programming language (ie. Java, C/C++, Python).
- Customer-facing experience translating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Knowledge of SQL/MySQL, and Unix/Linux operating systems and commands.
- Ability to collaborate, build consensus, deliver, and drive technical decisions with various sized customer stakeholder groups.
- Excellent technical leadership, project management, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
About the job
gTech’s Product and Tools Operations team (gPTO) leverages deep user, operational, and technical insights to innovate Google’s Ads products into customer experiences that are so intuitive (or automated) that they require no support at all. gPTO partners closely with gTech’s Support, Professional Services, Product Management, and Engineering teams to innovate and simplify our Ads products and build the productivity tools ecosystem for gTech users.
As a Product Technology Manager, you will be the connection between technical support, consulting, and Product Management, Engineering, and Global Sales stakeholders. You will join a team that is a single point of contact/accountability for gTech to our product and sales counterparts for the success of the product life cycle. From design and conceptualization to early piloting and wide-scale deployment, you will oversee the technical execution and business operations of Google advertising, analytics and platform products. You will develop product and technical strategy as well as prioritize projects to assist our account management teams and partners.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams.
- Design effective launch programs with partners to ensure that new products and feature releases are tested before wide-scale deployment.
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of publisher integrations by providing necessary documentation and guidance.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communicate with internal teams and external consumers, advertisers, and publishers to provide technical and business feedback as well as deliver technical solutions.