Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? Surface is on an exponential growth path and Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet. Surface is our complete representation of that vision, bringing to life the best of Microsoft experiences on hardware and software. Creating these new experiences and devices involves close partnership between hardware engineers, software engineers, designers, manufacturing along with the various industry partners that closely collaborate to create industry defining firsts. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineering leader with a strong firmware and/or audio background. Job responsibilities will encompass leading a team of high caliber enthusiastic engineers to develop firmware and software for Surface audio devices to enable innovative user scenarios. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other development disciplines, Quality and Program Management. You will be leading and designing complex architecture and design for the product across drivers, firmware and applications.
- Minimum BS in Computer/Software Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience contributing to the embedded firmware development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team of developers through one or more complete product cycles
- Excellent C design and coding skills
- A sound track-record of shipping products and having been through at least two development cycles
- Proven Embedded FW architecture skills showing a deep understanding of embedded systems.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms. Able to scale conversations from block diagrams to C-level code explanations.
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
- Experience in developing audio products is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Sensors and Bluetooth is desirable.
- Ability to use hardware debugging tools such as logic analyzers, JTAG, etc. during the firmware development process.
- Ability to comprehend board hardware schematics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.