Senior UX Software Engineer Manager for UltraDisk Diagnostics
Are you passionate about managing people, building and growing a team from the ground up, and providing career and technical guidance to your team and your peers? We are looking for a team leader to help drive a new team with a mission to develop browser-based diagnostics and administrative portal UI(s) and administrative tools for the highest performance storage system in Azure. The diagnostics portal handles diagnostics/monitoring and remote administration, integrating data from other Azure subsystems to present a clear picture of the heath of UltraDisk as well as powerful, efficient tooling to help engineers troubleshoot issues and manage the UltraDisk fleet. Microsoft Azure is a dynamic and thriving engineering environment with world-class opportunities for learning and career development as well as the chance to work with exciting technologies at a global scale.
The UltraDisk team is searching for an experienced team leader who is passionate about building a collaborative and healthy team. We strive to live in a diverse world where everyone on the team has an equal voice, is empowered to innovate, and can make a big impact.
• Build and lead a team of 4+ Software Engineers who design, write, ship, and motivate the creation of products to help your peers easily diagnose live site issues
• Mentor and help others grow in their career
• Communicate and collaborate with partner teams across Azure Storage and beyond to ensure our business objectives are met
• Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve the tech stack
• 3+ years experiences of being a people manager
• 2+ years leadership experience in web-based UI/UX development and design
• Proven track record of forming, mentoring and growing strong engineering teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in developing in languages such as C#, Java or C/C++
• Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python)
• Experience with multi-threaded programming
• Familiarity with design and prototyping tools: Figma, Sketch, Storybook, etc.
• Experience in data storage systems, file systems, and/or networking
• Experience developing distributed systems
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.