Come join us to drive intelligent ink experiences in M365, leveraging the power of the AI and ML in the cloud and on edge devices!
In M365 Natural User Interfaces (NUI), our mission is to empower people to learn, create and collaborate anytime, anywhere, and on any devices using natural interaction modalities like pen/ink, touch, voice, and camera.
Our team owns industry leading ink recognition technologies and drives the cross-company strategy for intelligent ink. The team is motivated and inclusive, energetic and fun to work with, always learning, and we consider ourselves a focused startup within the larger company with a unique focus.
You will work side-by-side with our ML scientists and product managers to deliver Ink AI powered natural user interactions in Office, Whiteboard, OneNote, Fluid Framework and other M365 products. An entrepreneurial, start-up approach and willingness to take end-to-end ownership are key, as is the ability to truly partner and collaborate across organizations. As a key leader on the team, you will
- Build innovative, highly engaging intelligent experiences in re-usable components that scales with Microsoft application ecosystem, leverage full-stack software engineering management skills
- Formulate approaches to solve tough problems in the context of customer, engineering and business needs
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues in a fast-paced start up like environment
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team, mentor great engineers and be a great role model of a customer obsessed and data-driven engineering leadership
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (Engineering, Math, Physics)
- 10+ years of experience designing, coding and shipping robust, maintainable software
- Experience in a technical leadership, mentor or people management role
- Outstanding technical problem-solving, architecting and design skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in person and in the written form
- Experience with ReactJS, Angular, Vue, or other modern UI framework
- Experience with Speech, NLP, Vision, Handwriting or other AI-driven applications or SDK
- Experience building and supporting reliable, scalable and secure services using cloud-based technologies and industry patterns / best practices
- Demonstrated success working across organizational or company boundaries
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.