About the job:
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:As a leader in PayPal’s Enterprise Cyber Security (ECS) team, you will have an impact on PayPal building innovative security products to push the boundaries of technology and security. You will work in partnership with other Technology and Product Management leadership to ensure our teammates are well supported and unobstructed in pursuit of their goals. You will be a leading voice of your domain and resourceful to stakeholders throughout the organization.
With your direction your team will solve important problems regarding information security and cryptography as a service. You will mentor lead engineers and engineering managers to cultivate an environment where the delivery teams are inspired to do their best work and support implemented key management systems and Host Security Modules (HSM).
This team provides critical encryption and certificate services to PayPal’s global services and infrastructure. The team is also expected to provide consultative expertise for implemented transaction processing/routing, cybersecurity, compliance, PKI, digital certificates, and encryption as well as assessing implications for clients.
Along with having a tremendous passion for security, you are someone who helps develop talent and recognizes gaps and/or needs for the organization. You have in-depth experience in and thrive on collaborating across functions and are capable of building a compelling vision others are motivated to follow and execute on. You are willing to challenge the status quo, find inefficiencies in systems and fix them, but also have the ability to balance your point of view with different perspectives to push for the best company outcome.
The ideal candidate must have both a strong technical background and strong leadership skills.
3+ years of experience directly managing Engineering Managers
· 3+ years of Agile, scrum, SAFE delivery experience
· 3+ years managing a software development team experience in an engineering leadership position at a technology company
· 4+ years building security products, with a preference for cryptography emphasis
· 10+ years Software Development experience
· 5-10 years of work experience in Cybersecurity operations supporting highly complex clients or services
· Demonstrated ability to manage global teams and build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Proven track record leading core engineering functions: code reviews, design proposals, code style/structure, contribution guidelines, release conventions, testing strategy
· Experience in large-scale software development in one or more programming language
· Experience with distributed architectures, service-oriented architectures, and/or microservices
· Advanced understanding of software design patterns: object oriented, functional, reactive, data-intensive, scalability, availability principles
· Experience driving adoption of software development best practices (continuous deployment, devops, full-stack engineering, micro-service architecture, etc.).
· Well-developed ability to attract, mentor, motivate, retain and develop talent