- Responsible for various key product development including but not limited to Microservice platform, Service Mesh, Configuration Management System, GraphQL etc.
- Ownership on the module and product level
- Operational Support and Customer Support
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers for assigned engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
- Skills that you would need to join the team.
- 7+ years Strong Backend Development experience
- 7+ years in Java, C++, Golang, Rust, Scala, ReactJS, Node.js experience
- Thorough DB experience including Relational Databases, NoSQL, Document DB etc.
- Enterprise scale application development experience with high availabilities.
- Skills that would make you stand out.
- Microservices stack including Service Registration System, Service Mesh Pattern
- Actively participated in open source community such as Envoy, Istio etc.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Configuration Management System experience.
- Functional programming or Reactive programming.
- Frontend development experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field