About the job:
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing solutions that empower organizations to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. We’re driven by a deep understanding of marketers’ needs. No other digital marketing company invests in product innovation the way we do, giving our clients access to truly cutting-edge technology.
Customer Data Platform (CDP) is a new initiative under the Salesforce Marketing Cloud aimed at changing the future of digital marketing. CDP is a multimodal analytics SaaS solution that seamlessly acquires transactional and behavioral interactions, wrangles and curates data sets appropriately into graph, key-value, tabular, time series and relational models to facilitate optimized query lookups , analytical processing and machine learning at scale in order to empower Sales , Service , Marketing, Web & Mobile Engagement apps with compelling customer experience & engagement.
The Customer Data platform will enable companies to unify customer data, manage identity and consent, segment and activate audiences, and optimize engagement with AI-powered insights. In addition, companies can now build a single view of their customers to deliver personalized engagement across marketing, commerce, sales, and service. You’ll be a part of the platform team that is working on building large-scale distributed services across all core areas of the platform covering data ingestion, big data management, big data processing, analytics/insights, profile graphs, segmentation, and activations. All the teams are dev/ops focused and own the end to end pipelines from development through production and support.
- Partners with other peer leaders to develop short- and long-term security, product, and service strategies.
- Drive design and delivery of innovative distributed software services to improve our cloud-based security solutions
- Manage dev-op activities to support large scale cloud services.
- Collaborate with other teams to solve security problems with minimal disruption to other business functions.
- Hire, train and assess the performance of direct reports according to corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist in the growth of employees through coaching, training, and career development activities.
- Manage a mixed-specialty team that includes software engineers, backend engineers, and UI engineers.
- Interact with industry experts, partners, internal staff and auditors
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- Occasional travel is required (domestic and international)
- 10+ years of experience in software development, preferably in large scale cloud and distributed services
- 7+ years of experience in Infrastructure or Security Engineering/Operations
- 5+ year in managing software engineering teams
- Experience leading and motivating a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic and global environment.
- Strong distributed systems and architecture skill
- Experience with big data and pipeline technologies, such as Hadoop, Kafka
- Knowledge or experience with machine learning
- Experience building large scale distributed systems, especially in cloud environments
- Coding experience, in C/C++, Java, Go or Python
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, involving live site support
- Bachelor’s in Engineering/Computer Science or related industry (or equivalent experience)
- Unix/Linux internal, deployment and maintenance experience
- Prior understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies