About the job:
We are seeking a seasoned Salesforce DevOps Engineer Lead and Manager to join our brand new Employee 360 Cloud. If you’re obsessed by customer success, if you are fired up by the power of the Salesforce platform, if you want to be part of the next Billion dollar cloud and if you are looking to work with world-class engineers and leaders, this is the job for you!
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
Our main mission is to build a full-blown Employee 360 solution portfolio enabling organizations to empower and engage their employees, and in turn drive corporate success, with best-of-breed smart, connected, mobile employee experiences and robust, customizable, and extensible IT workflows. Salesforce not only becomes a new competitor in this market space, we become the market leader.
The candidate must have the technical prowess to write fast and efficient code, deploy and integrate. The candidate has deep interest and ideally experience in broad software platforms, including platform information architecture, information flow, automation and optimization. The candidate embodies a can-do approach backed by accomplishments. In addition, this engineer needs be passionate about new cool technologies and stay current with a broad range industry trends and developments.
- Define and manage release scope, schedules and change management process. Work with stakeholders across projects to coordinate and plan product deployment, manage conflicts and dependencies.
- Create, manage, and support internal and production orgs/services on Salesforce and Heroku
- Build, run and improve automation for our build & release processes
- Build tools, services and establish processes both within and around the application stack. Work with engineers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring and alerting)
- Takes ownership and drive design/architectural vision of the pipeline by identifying areas for improvement, both delivering automated enhancements and championing best practices across the group
- Seek out and understand new technologies which can play a key role in the near future direction of our system, designed using modern technologies and approaches to provide an orchestration and relevant tooling to allow fast development and deployment.
- Proactively collaborate across multiple teams in the organization to ensure that the requirements are captured and met by tooling provided
- Developing the POCs to demonstrate the viability of new ideas and technologies to support the innovation
- Present your designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Composability and availability
- 8+ years of experience in distributed cloud based software development with strong automation mindset
- 2+ years of leading and managing cloud based application Devops team(s) on the Salesforce and Heroku platforms
- Extensive experience with CI/CD tools – Jenkins, Gitlab, CircleCI, Sauce Labs, and Nexus
- Strong understanding of version control (git), branching & merging strategies, and build setup
- Experience in handling Salesforce Metadata/Orgs/Devhub/Sandbox management
- Experience with the Salesforce Platform Packaging (1GP and 2GP), SFDX, Apex, Lightning, Communities
- Experience in building a solid CI/CD pipeline for Salesforce code builds, automation, and deployment
- Experience with agile software development, modern DevOps practices and short release cycles
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills
- Passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product, the company
- Ability to work in a distributed and fast pace environment
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent/related degree
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) or equivalent Salesforce experience.
- Expertise with relational database languages (SQL or Postgres)