About the job:
Join our Enterprise Security team as a principal network security engineer with a primary focus in driving security assurance through business engagement & consulting, technical security testing, and architecture/design reviews.
This role is for a seasoned information security professional with a strong network and network security background who will lead projects, provide security guidance, mentor junior staff, and demonstrate a high technical skill set in our diverse and changing enterprise environment. You’ll be working very closely with our IT Network Engineering team, internal network security teams as well as acquisition network subject matter experts.
You have a deep technical curiosity and thrive when given autonomy to analyze and investigate. You will also be instrumental in building interpersonal relationships across the organization to help champion and influence security in Salesforce’s fast-paced environment.
- Perform security assessments in a diverse and complex network environments… think white-box network security assessments, risk analysis, security architecture & design reviews. Creative thinking to solve for the growing business
- Evaluate cloud (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) and traditional network environments to determine security risk, providing guidance to both technical and business leaders… How secure is that cloud? How do we securely integrate and enable our highly diverse and growing acquisition environments?
- Perform deep-dive security design security controls for key areas like Zero Trust Architecture, Data Protection at rest and in transit and Oauth/SAML/Secrets Management for the enterprise
- Recommend and implement strategic and tactical changes to network infrastructure.
- Define and develop technical security standards and guidelines to drive security improvements in a multitude of areas like wireless, SD-WAN, 802.1x, public cloud infrastructure, secret storage, containerization and authentication
- Collaborate with infrastructure, network and system engineering teams as well as other business units to drive solutions through threat modeling and security configuration reviews
- Mentor junior staff and and evangelize security practices with engineering teams and business partners. You are a “multiplier” throughout the organization
- Research new technologies, emerging threats and vulnerabilities to help drive strategic planning with key
- 8+ years of experience in Network Security including firewalls, switches, SD-WAN in a large scale environment as well as high technical proficiency in at least 2 of the following areas:Endpoint/Server/System/Mobile security (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ChromeOS, iOS, Android)
- Public Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Database base security
- Authentication and Authorization, including key technologies and standards like SAML, OAuth, OpenID, SCIM and FIDO2
- Strong understanding of current network security issues and threats and how they can be manifested in complex environments, such as understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols (Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, HTTP, DNS, BGP)
- Experience performing detailed network traffic analysis and network security architecture reviews, and evaluating network security solutions
- Security related certifications such as OSCP, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GPPA, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security
- Experience with 802.1x wired and wireless implementations
- Prior understanding and experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies