Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun
As a Software Development Manager on the Amazon Robotics Team you will lead a team of software engineers building software supporting robotic systems development and operations.
What does it take to thrive as a Software Development Manager at Amazon Robotics? You’re experienced at designing and implementing solutions that scale and engaging customers to understand what’s needed to meet their needs. You’re able to think about business opportunities, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our robotics architecture. You’re looking to lead and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement your vision.
· 5+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver robotic systems.
· 5+ years of experience in object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies
· Experience in developing multi-year product and technical strategies
· Experience influencing leadership decisions through presentation of technical information, both verbally and in writing
· Experience with project delivery for complex, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Software development experience in OOP, Java or C++
· Experience leading cross functional team (Software Development/Applied Science/Hardware Development/QA organizations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Experience delivering high quality robotics to product
· Experience with data visualization and analytic tools
· Experience with robotic simulation packages
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other scientific discipline
Share this job
- Software Development Manager – Alexa AIUS, MA, Cambridge
- Software EngineerUS, MA, Boston
- Software Development Engineer – Amazon Robotics – 2020 GradUS, MA, North Reading
- Full Stack DeveloperUS, MA, Boston
- Senior Software Development Engineer, AlexaUS, MA, Boston