About the job:
The Natural Language Processing (NLP) team is part of Cortex, the central machine learning organization at Twitter. Cortex’s mission is to empower internal teams to efficiently leverage machine learning by providing platform, modeling and research expertise while advancing the ML technologies within Twitter.
We tackle Twitter specific challenges in the NLP domain such as the real-time, ever changing nature of our data and limited context. We apply and advance state of the art natural language processing techniques to invent new models and systems that can be used to improve various Twitter experiences for our customers.
- Promote continuous development and improvement within your team and broader engineering organization
- Coach and mentor your team members, direct reports and peers to be the best they can be while attracting and hiring key talent to uplevel the organization
- Ensure your teams are able to effectively deliver on short term goals while enabling the engineering organization to raise the bar on quality and agility
- Develop a strong working relationship with your team and stakeholders
- Work with engineering and product leaders to define and execute a long term quality strategy
- Be a catalyst to promote ‘Quality First’ mindset throughout the cross-functional organization
- Exercise sound judgment, discretion, and timeliness in decision making
- Enable effective decision making and risk/return tradeoffs using quantitative and qualitative quality metrics
Who You Are:
- An accomplished thought leader in rapidly delivering the highest quality products and services to your customers while balancing business priorities and resource constraints
- 5+ years of management experience managing a team of 20+ engineers and Engineering Managers
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience in quality engineering practices, test automation, CI/CD, SDLC, etc.
- Has a passion for improving user experience and technical efficiency
- Leads by example, takes everyone along, is hands-on and has a passion to drive for success
- Can communicate with transparency and clarity and establish strong partnerships with everyone
- Has profound expertise in manual and automated test planning and execution while building modern test frameworks and infrastructure
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and work through technical challenges with your team
- Sets clear expectations and creates a positive work environment based on accountability and ownership
- Works well under pressure and is able to shift priorities as needed
- Has Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience required