About the job:
The Natural Language Processing (NLP) team is part of Cortex, the central machine learning organization at Twitter. Cortex’s mission is to empower internal teams to efficiently leverage machine learning by providing platform, modeling and research expertise while advancing the ML technologies within Twitter.
We tackle Twitter specific challenges in the NLP domain such as the real-time, ever changing nature of our data and limited context. We apply and advance state of the art natural language processing techniques to invent new models and systems that can be used to improve various Twitter experiences for our customers.
- Experience working closely with senior executives in an engineering function, a high level of business acumen, and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and organizations.
- Confident in conversations primarily with engineering and product management but also with infrastructure, design and research, GTM, and executive teams.
- Problem solver and strategic thinker who is comfortable using frameworks and data to help structure the team’s thinking and solve multi-faceted problems.
- Extensive experience leading complex cross-functional initiatives, adept at leading cross-functional teams to make strategic decisions and execute.
- Experience in managing resourcing/staffing, and having worked directly with VP & C-Suite level on a regular basis.
- BA/BS degree or MBA
- 10-15 years of experience preferably with 5+ business strategy/planning/COO office at a consumer tech company.
- Experience working directly with the C-suite/VP level executives within a Platform Engineering Function
- A strong analytical mindset, a proven track record of distilling data, and an ability to identify trends and provide business insights
- Lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization, as well as, being a trusted advisor to leadership
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.