About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. We’re the nation’s largest intelligent local news platform!
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android. With 11M+ daily active users and 23M+ monthly users (data source: App Annie), we’re also ahead of all major news apps such as The New York Times, CNN News, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, and SmartNews.
We’re a Series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View, California.
Our mission is to help local news survive and renew, local businesses to grow and prosper, and most importantly local people’s life to be informed and improved that together will foster a unique, healthy, and connected local community.
We are looking for ambitious talents who are committed to innovating in the product, technology, or business, with the aim of engaging and empowering local media, local businesses, and local users.
The intelligent local information platform we are striving to build, News Break, serves as a perfect liaison among local users, local media, and local businesses.
About the Role
Android engineers work closely with cross-functional members to create a great mobile experience. We leverage the knowledge of Android concepts and mobile trends to tackle a breadth of product challenges, from designing seamless navigation for a holistic app experience to making various performance optimizations for a responsive app experience. Android engineers work closely with other product teams to develop mobile abstractions that make it easy for other teams to further improve the mobile product.
- Work with a small team of mobile engineers to build a performant and reliable Android app
- Build new user-facing features and help drive mobile product strategy
- Create tools and infrastructure to enable rapid iteration cycles on mobile
- Collaborate with other product teams to enhance the mobile user experience
- 3+ years of full-time experience in Android development
- Strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin, Android frameworks, and mobile trends
- High attention to detail in all aspects of development from performance to UI
- Industry experience in mobile development and production applications
- Personal projects in the Play Store
- Knowledge of Python and Php
We provide a highly competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses, and stock options. Benefits include great Medical, Dental, and Vision. A flat organization and family-like culture make this a perfect environment to make a huge impact on our product and grow your skillset.