Data Science Intern
About the Role
OCBang is an AI-powered talent search and consulting firm providing talent acquisition and intelligence services in San Jose, Toronto, and Beijing. We are looking for a highly motivated Data Analyst Intern to join our OCInsights business unit to support our in-depth industry research and talent intelligence consulting services.
As a Data Science Intern, you will participate in data scraping, cleaning, and manipulating data in a database, using coding languages to create dashboards, fine-tuning models with AIGC platform’s APIs, and assisting the team with other assigned tasks. You will have access to different tools and platforms to solve real business problems and be part of a passionate team in Silicon Valley.
*This is a full-time intern opportunity that requires 5 days on-site at our San Jose office, with a potential return offer to transition into a full-time Data Analyst role based on performance.
- Support the data team in data scraping based on requirements.
- Use Python to manipulate and process data under the mentor’s instruction.
- Provide data analysis and generate insights into business performance and industry trends.
- Leverage OpenAI APIs for fine-tuning and retraining large language models.
- Assist the team in completing other assigned tasks (e.g., marketing analytics, etc.)
This position requires Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
No prior work experience is required, but must demonstrate solid knowledge and skills through academic coursework, research project, teaching assistantship, or practical training through internship or co-op in each of the following:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in the fields of data science, computer science, data analytics, business analytics, and related majors
- Proficient in using the Python programming language and database querying language SQL
- Experience in LLM or fine-tuning model training
- Strong responsible attitude and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Chinese both written and verbal
- Quick learner, multitasks, and able to work independently
- Working experience in start-ups and small organizations is a plus
- Experience in AWS is a plus